Sneaky Burrito
A
thread 1/6
I like to watch crafting videos while I spin on my wheel or crochet but nothing is grabbing me lately. I've seen everything on Craftsy I'm interested in so I let that one go. Creativebug isn't really doing it for me. I've resorted to re-watching a few Long Thread Media videos and...
03:57 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Sneaky Burrito
A
thread 2/6
...may do the same with School of SweetGeorgia. I have the Threads Insider subscription but most of that is way too advanced for me at this time. I find I don't really like YouTube as quality is just too unpredictable and variable and I absolutely hate the videos with music and no talking...
03:58 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Sneaky Burrito
A
thread 3/6
...which seems to be a preponderance of them. Also an awful lot of YouTubers who think wearing a dust mask will protect you from fumes and who recommend all kinds of things that'll get you a DMCA notice from brands like Conde Nast or Chanel if you try to sell the stuff you made using their advice.
04:00 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Sneaky Burrito
A
thread 4/6
Signed up for some Maiwa classes but they don't start until September (and I've already watched all their free videos and documentaries). Probably going to try my luck with School of SweetGeorgia, I'm sure they've got some new content since last I visited. (I have a subscription there.)
04:02 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Sneaky Burrito
A
thread 5/6
Eventually going to try some of Rebecca Mezoff's online courses because she's doing a great job with the Tapestry Discovery Box with Gist Yarn, so I trust the instructional quality for her other classes is also good. But not in the budget after I paid like $700 to Maiwa.
04:04 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Sneaky Burrito
A
thread 6/6
Anyway, contemplating what to watch right now. It doesn't help that I slept like absolute shit last night and I'm not confident in my ability to stay awake while spinning. (This is why I haven't beaded too much lately...falling asleep while beading leads to beads all over the carpet.)
04:06 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Birgitt Bakker
A
In response to Sneaky Burrito.
The Mercery has beautiful projects and courses ( crochet). https://linktr.ee/themerce...
04:31 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Sneaky Burrito
A
In response to Birgitt Bakker.
Thanks, bookmarked to check out later as I have to run at the moment.
05:45 PM - Aug 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}