Professor Kyle
A
I had the friendliest looking older man at Canadian customs once...who ending up slapping the counter and shouting "But to get to Alaska you have to go through MY country!!" in fury, then detained me for 2+ hours.
Retired Librarian @RetiredLibrarian
Canadians are nice, but I have to tell you that Canadian Customs is way stricter than US Customs.

I had to fill out a form then got the 3rd degree going into Canada and they took my picture going out. When I got back US Customs asked me if I bought anything, I said a t-shirt, they said OK thanks.
11:32 PM - Aug 22, 2023
11:36 PM - Aug 22, 2023
Mary Cole
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
Ha! I remember in high school going over the Peace Bridge with 4 other kids from my high school and our exchange student from Korea. Customs always asks "Where were you born?" Answers: Buffalo, Buffalo, ... and you know what's coming! We were pulled over for maybe 20 minutes. No harm done. :-)
11:35 AM - Aug 23, 2023

Only followers of this user (ConnieAz) can see their posts

Professor Kyle
A
In response to That's all folks.
Ugh, that sucks! I don't think it matters what border it is – as with anyone with a lot of authority & power, there are those who are jerks about it.
11:59 PM - Aug 22, 2023
Sassy Musing
A
Hmmmm...was he insulted that you just wanted to pass through Canada rather than staying and enjoying it?
11:49 PM - Aug 22, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Sassy Musing.
Maybe? I think he was just suspicious of me, but it came out very nationalistically...
11:51 PM - Aug 22, 2023
Retired Librarian
A
Seriously? That makes no sense.

This guy seemed to want to prove that my brother existed. Problem is, big family, we get along great but don't visit or call much. He seemed astounded it was my first visit. Luckily we'd met up in CA recently, so saying that got me through.
11:44 PM - Aug 22, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Retired Librarian.
This was kind of similar – I was driving my friends' car & dog up to Alaska, so the border agent wanted to know why I didn't have my own car or dog. But he was pretty mean!
11:47 PM - Aug 22, 2023
dani
A
How much weed did you have on you at the time?
11:39 PM - Aug 22, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to dani.
Only a pound or two!
11:41 PM - Aug 22, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}