But I don’t give a damn if otthers get their loans repaid,
Why?
THAT’S WHY.
#news #save
05:27 PM - Aug 23, 2023
Philip
A
In response to Steve Marmel.
Currency Issuing Governments do not borrow or tax to spend. Cancelling student debt has absolutely no effect on the economy or government finances except it increases the amount of disposable income floating around in the economy. Just do it!

https://youtu.be/TDL4c8fMO...
The Basics of Modern Money - YouTube

A nation’s currency is a wonderful, powerful thing. Learn how countries like the U.S.—which issue their own sovereign currency—can afford to use that currenc...

08:34 PM - Apr 27, 2024
Matt Freedom
A
And because if this country was allowed to live up to its true potential - meaning our government was free to do what’s right, such that Republicans couldn’t take from the poor and give to the rich - we would:
- Have free secondary education for all citizens
- Spend less on healthcare and cover all
10:13 PM - Jan 13, 2024
⚜️Karyl Towers⚜️
B
👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽
09:23 PM - Jan 13, 2024
Tim Blankenship
A
If your attitude is someone else has to suffer because I suffered and I turned out OK you did not, in fact, turn out OK.
10:13 AM - Jan 12, 2024
Democracy!Equality! Equity!Compassion!
A
The interest rates and terms of today’s loans are completely abusive, and people pay for decades without even paying down much of the principal. They should all be refinanced at a low rate, and people who have paid their loan amount plus interest already should have it forgiven.
10:03 AM - Jan 12, 2024
KM Laurence
A
Agree💯. Thank you for sharing.
09:48 AM - Aug 24, 2023
Career Documents
A
Same 🙋🏽‍♀️
Three years with the VISTA program that when absorbed into the Americorps program - offered 2-years of ~$4500 paid directly to loan holder 🙌🏽
11:35 PM - Aug 23, 2023
nottooloud
A
The billionaires are irrelevant. I support it because education is a public good, and should be free.
09:01 PM - Aug 23, 2023
Tanisha Mathis
A
As a veteran, because I see some vets have used their service to criticize forgiving student loans (not sure where they think our GI Bill money comes from), I agree. Forgive student loans.
05:40 PM - Aug 23, 2023
Phred
A
Ditto!
05:28 PM - Aug 23, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}