Kerry
A
Not sure if it's a #SpoutibleBug or #spoutiblefeature but I cannot use emojis under their current state of disorganization. It overwhelms my #adhd brain. Until they get more organized I'm using the emojis on my Mac computer - I press the fn + E keys to view them on my system.
01:23 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Momma DCI aka Ann
A
In response to Kerry.
I've not been diagnosed with ADHD (but sometimes I wonder if I would be...), but yes, I feel the same re the emojis!
01:26 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Kerry
A
In response to Momma DCI aka Ann.
I was JUST having this discussion w someone on another forum. I didn't know I had it either. But I heard someone talking on a different topic & mentioned she had been diagnosed w ADHD - a LOT clicked for me. Menopause can make it worse so you finally realize you have it in your 40s, 50s or 60s.
01:30 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Kerry
A
In response to Kerry.
Looking back I realize I've had it my whole life; just learned a lot of coping skills. Some didn't work that well so I just thought I was lazy or a "flakey artist." But I see now my dad and older sister had/has it. It runs in families.
01:31 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Kerry
A
The craziness of COVID and forced retirement from a career also really brought it on for me. All my organization and structure just vanished and I found myself barely being able to find the motivation to get dressed. This is very common for older women too going through peri or post menopause.
In response to Kerry.
01:33 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Momma DCI aka Ann
A
In response to Kerry.
Interesting! Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm 53, and in menopause (it arrived early for me). I'll have to do more reading about it to see if it's something I should be tested for.
01:50 PM - Feb 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}