Breezy Aussie
A
thread 1/4
So much I read on this site is about Race. ‪It never occurs to me what people look like, skin colour, religious or gender preferences. I thank my parents for ensuring I an only interested in your music, food, traditions, clothing, history. Simply put: I don’t care. I like you and value you. ‬
06:04 AM - Aug 26, 2023
Breezy Aussie
A
thread 2/4
The response I have had has been very interesting and I have learned much from the reaction and replies. I think I was making a more subtle point than many read. I first admire (or otherwise) the achievements of individuals. It is when one learns of their life, environment, struggles, joys - etc
06:58 PM - Aug 26, 2023
Breezy Aussie
A
thread 3/4
That one can really understand, in some little way, their achievements. For me it is not about the colour of a persons skin that determine my relationship with them. It is the totality of what makes them, them. I absolutely acknowledge that the 'history' of a person, their people, their tribe - mtc
07:03 PM - Aug 26, 2023
Breezy Aussie
A
thread 4/4
their world - but I only know that once I embrace their story.

Many responses immediately responded to my picture - 'white' and spoke to me as if I was ignorant of my privilege.

I try to not do that to others

I have been pointed to many good reads. Thank you.
07:08 PM - Aug 26, 2023
glinyx
A
In response to Breezy Aussie.
The biggest change in perspective, for me, has been understanding that white supremacy is not solved by individual acts of white niceness.

It's in our foundations.

(1/2)
09:32 PM - Aug 28, 2023
glinyx
A
In response to glinyx.
Only white people have the power, now, to compel actual, meaningful justice for historically marginalised communities.

This isn't just one of us, this is all of us using our power to right centuries of wrongs.

(2/2)
09:32 PM - Aug 28, 2023
Breezy Aussie
A
In response to glinyx.
Your comment has set my mind zinging...You are absolutely correct! 100% agreement here! Collective action has done so much to achieve great and wonderful things - as well as dubious and cruel things.
01:19 AM - Aug 29, 2023
Remember Gea
A
Translation: I’m white and I’ll honor you by being your friend even if you’re black because I’m a white savior.
Why all these responses so negative? I’m the victim here. I’m just trying to be nice by allowing you in my white circle since some of the things you do are acceptable to me…
Get it now?🙄
11:50 AM - Aug 27, 2023

Only followers of this user (knitquiltsewst1) can see their posts

Myra Faye Turner
A
Nothing you've said in your subsequent spouts indicate you've actually learned anything.
07:13 PM - Aug 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}