Andy Sharick
A
The word cloud is impressive, but the topics and people I'm interested in don't show up, or are very tiny. As much as I hope for the success of this site, I have to wonder how long it will be until there's more scientific and political news (and people) 🤔
Christopher Bouzy @cbouzy
The word cloud is just the beginning. We have several similar visual features on the way that will enhance the micro-blogging experience.
10:56 AM - Aug 27, 2023
11:31 AM - Aug 27, 2023
Susan A. Kitchens
A
In response to Andy Sharick.
From time to time I post science (space-related) news. Would love to see more people discussing it.

The moon landing by the India Space Agency is a thing worth following and celebrating. Have you posted anything about that? (I certainly wanted to see “Lunar” “polar” region trending)
08:21 PM - Aug 27, 2023
ML Hart
A
It took twitter *years* to find its footing and build audience. Spoutible is not quite 8 months old 🐳
I was sorry to leave 100s of connections behind, but am completely enjoying new friends, viewpoints here, in new fields.
04:56 PM - Aug 27, 2023
Mynxie
A
If you don't see the topics you want, or more scientific and political news, that's on YOU. Try following more people. Still not seeing the content you want? Then Spout the content you want to see. That is how online communities are built.

You've spouted 31 times. You follow 50 accounts.
01:10 PM - Aug 27, 2023
Andy Sharick
A
In response to Mynxie.
I'm interested in learning more about a number of subjects, but I'm not expert in them so it would be presumptuous for me to spout about them. But, to your point, I am spouting that want to keep up with experts in geopolitics, climate change, European politics, the military situation in Ukraine, US
05:08 PM - Aug 27, 2023
eLLe the U
A
You might like post.news, then.
12:35 PM - Aug 27, 2023
Andy Sharick
A
In response to eLLe the U.
Good thought, but nope, tried but didn't care for post. It seems to be too much about charging money for any bit of verbiage, and not about any real back-and-forth respectful 'conversation' between actual experts and/or between those experts and truly interested lay people.
12:55 PM - Aug 27, 2023
Terminator LX
A
Invite them! Keep inviting them! Talk about Spoutible everywhere you go and on every platform you have. Give Spoutible top marks in app stores. Good word of mouth continues to be the best marketing in the world for new products.
12:07 PM - Aug 27, 2023
Andy Sharick
A
In response to Terminator LX.
I've been inviting & suggesting since February. Just keep plugging away, I guess.
12:18 PM - Aug 27, 2023
DrMHasOpinions
A
Xitter was really not a place where you got breaking news when it first came out. This place is only been active for six months.
11:48 AM - Aug 27, 2023
⚛️Shawn Athan
A
In response to DrMHasOpinions.
I'm going to disagree with you there. Follow the right people and you have the news wayyyy before it gets to news desk.
11:51 AM - Aug 27, 2023
Andy Sharick
A
In response to DrMHasOpinions.
I understand & agree. But it seems the people I follow on Twitter are able to ignore or block the crazies, & don't seem to be Tweeting about leaving there. Even most of those people who are also present here don't post here first, if at all ☹️. I'm not leaving, just waiting for 'critical mass.'
12:02 PM - Aug 27, 2023
Rebecca E
A
I am reminded of the line from Field of Dreams…”If you build it they will come”. @cbouzy and Spouters are building it…be patient…they WILL come.
11:47 AM - Aug 27, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}