Nefarious Newt
A
thread 1/3
I know there are constant complaints about how "political" Spoutible is. Let's be clear about one thing: politics is not some ghostly force that manipulates us. WE are politics. Politics is the process by which we choose to be governed. It is as old as the first Greek attempts at self-governing.
11:45 AM - Aug 27, 2023
Nefarious Newt
A
thread 2/3
Politics is the means by which we choose how our governance works. It doesn't magically go away after an election, Presidential or otherwise. It is a CONSTANT PROCESS, that it behooves each of us to monitor, but more importantly, to PARTICIPATE IN. Government is made by those who show up.
11:47 AM - Aug 27, 2023
Nefarious Newt
A
thread 3/3
If you think your non participation is acceptable, because it "really doesn't change anything," YOU ARE WHY THINGS ARE SCREWED UP. Your lack of participation CAUSES things to be screwed up. You want people to stop talking about politics? GET OFF YOUR COUCH AND GET INVOLVED.
11:49 AM - Aug 27, 2023 (Edited)
9Gen
A
In response to Nefarious Newt.
This!!!
11:44 PM - Aug 31, 2023
Lauraine Knight
A
Personally I can’t wait till Trump isn’t newsworthy sick of hearing about him and seeing his face . This platform is dominated by American politics, I have to go to other SM platforms to see Australian and European news .
11:33 PM - Aug 31, 2023
James L. Moore, Jr.
A
Never forget.

110 MILLION REGISTERED voters chose NO ONE in 2020.

They did NOT vote.
12:14 PM - Aug 27, 2023
Jim Plunkett
A
Plato put it best 2300 years ago:

"THE PENALTY
FOR NOT BEING INVOLVED IN POLITICS
IS THAT
YOU WILL BE RULED BY YOUR INFERIORS."

Still absolutely true today

If you let inferiors get away with it, they WILL rule you, and you will NOT like it.

GET INVOLVED
12:13 PM - Aug 27, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}