Kymberlyn Reed
A
#mouthypolitics101

RACISM. IS. NOT. A. MENTAL. ILLNESS.

And yet, I've got someone on a previous post who keeps insisting that it is.

Some folks really get on my second to last nerve with this bs.
01:47 PM - Aug 27, 2023
Steve Hill
B
In response to Kymberlyn Reed.
Iv know PLENTY that are BOTH! they are NOT Mutually Exclusive! and to try SO HARD to separate both does a disservice to both. I understand you want the conversation to be on and stay on RACE but there will always be SOME overlap!
06:36 PM - Aug 27, 2023
Kymberlyn Reed
A
In response to Steve Hill.
YOU may have known a few who were racist and mentally ill, but it is NOT the norm.

Your "but I haz opinions" does a huge disservice to those of us who have mental health issues and are NOT racist.
11:23 PM - Aug 27, 2023
Evolve Undefined
A
Dangerous to conflate mental illness with racism but I do believe it is a kind of sickness of the spirit. I think we need better language to describe race based radicalization and white supremacy b/c it’s a truly disordered way of being in the world. I hope that is not offensive to anyone….
05:46 PM - Aug 27, 2023
Kymberlyn Reed
A
In response to Evolve Undefined.
Honestly, I don't want to call it anything but what it is - a system that harms many based on nothing but skin color.

I don't want to soften the language of racism because it makes those who aren't its targets more comfortable. We shouldn't be making racists comfortable.
11:27 PM - Aug 27, 2023
DJohnRowinski
A
Inevitably followed by claims of reverse racism. I got into that with former classmates years ago. We were in our 50s and I had to explain why prejudice is not racism. Of course they went to violent example of Black man robbing white. The ignorance is willful
02:01 PM - Aug 27, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}