Ramsey, Queen of Popcorn®
A
One of you amazing Spouters told me about these Tillamook Strawberry Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches and I finally found them at my local Target. I think it was the wonderful @Puckarama b/c he knows I’m wild about strawberries, but I can’t remember. Anyway, thanks!!! 😁
09:14 PM - Aug 27, 2023
Jess Martin
A
In response to Ramsey, Queen of Popcorn®.
It's from Oregon too! @noblerot
09:24 PM - Aug 27, 2023
Russell Wingard
A
In response to Jess Martin.
See, we're not a flyover state!

I've actually never seen these, @strawberigrl12 , but I will now keep my eyes out for them.
12:10 AM - Aug 29, 2023
Jess Martin
A
In response to Russell Wingard.
Actually, that brings me to mind - where does PNW start and end? I always thought it was Washington state but Oregon is part of the PNW? Anywhere north of Cali?
12:12 AM - Aug 29, 2023
Russell Wingard
A
I consider the PNW to be WA and OR, but it's not an official designation. Others want to include Northern CA (okay, maybe the northernmost part), British Columbia (sure), and Alaska (hmm, it is on the Pacific but...). Still others want to include inland states like Idaho (no).
12:27 AM - Aug 29, 2023
Jess Martin
A
In response to Russell Wingard.
That can be confusing when the borders are malleable? Maybe depending on the mountain ranges/lakes/natural bodies? Here, we have the Great Dividing Range that makes a natural difference - especially socio-economically. You live between the range and coast, you're fine. Behind it inland, not so.
12:29 AM - Aug 29, 2023
Russell Wingard
A
Oh wow, that Great Dividing Range is huge!

It sounds very similar. The PNW is also called Cascadia, referring to the Cascade Range that stretches from northern CA to BC and plays a similar role in dividing socioeconomic status and political ideology in general.
12:51 AM - Aug 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}