John Frost
A
thread 1/5
Idalia's first outer band just arrived at my house in Orlando with high wind and thunderous booms. If it's this strong when hundreds of miles away, I seriously hope everyone in the evacuation zones gets out of its way!

Important information for everyone, not just in Florida in this thread: 🧵
05:24 PM - Aug 29, 2023
John Frost
A
thread 2/5
With climate change adding heat to the ocean and moisture to severe storms, everyone should be prepared for storms to act in unusual ways. Can't overstate that enough. Be ready for anything.
05:24 PM - Aug 29, 2023
John Frost
A
thread 3/5
Start by creating an emergency kit with essentials like water, non-perishable food, flashlight, batteries, first-aid supplies, and important documents. Stay informed and have a plan! #BePrepared #SevereWeather
05:25 PM - Aug 29, 2023
John Frost
A
thread 4/5
Know the risks in your area! Whether it's hurricanes, tornadoes, fires or floods, make a plan for each scenario. Discuss with your family, have an evacuation route, and know where to seek shelter. Have a communications plan if cell service is weak. Stay connected with neighbors and community.
05:26 PM - Aug 29, 2023
John Frost
A
thread 5/5
It's sad but climate change has turned us all into preppers. I used to pack for a weekend getaway, now I pack for the apocalypse. #climatechange

What are you doing to stay prepared for severe weather in this new climate era?
05:28 PM - Aug 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}