JonCooper
A
Were you personally ever the victim of racism, homophobia, anti-Semitism or any other form of bigotry?
09:26 AM - Feb 22, 2023
Tracy Aug
A
In response to JonCooper.
Unfortunately, yes
01:46 PM - Feb 28, 2023
Heidi Jon Schmidt
A
You bet. Evicted, fired. That was for being gay. For being a woman: assaulted, groped, denigrated, laughed at, shouted down.
08:18 AM - Feb 27, 2023
Clarke
A
Nope. But in the 1970's while hitchhiking in my Army uniform I had someone throw a half full beer bottle at me. Kind of felt the same.
05:52 PM - Feb 24, 2023
Dre B.
A
I'm a proud vet but the 1st time I was called Ni&&er was in the military. I was stationed at Ft. Bragg the home of the Mighty 82nd Airborne. It was an eye-opener because being Airborne I thought I was surrounded by my brothers-in-arms. But I learned that racism trumps patriotism and brotherhood.
08:12 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Zed Brown
A
In a word, yes.
11:21 PM - Feb 22, 2023
jax
A
When I was in second grade, I was spat on and called a "dirty Jew" by a classmate. It was my first real exposure to anti-semitism.
02:00 PM - Feb 22, 2023
Maxine Kerr
A
Many times, racism is more covert than overt, therefore you sometimes do not see it you just have instincts that allows you to know it exist and you have been a victim of it.
12:31 PM - Feb 22, 2023
Janet Howe
A
I think every woman has experienced bigotry from men, and, sadly, from other women who have grown up believing that they are inferior and internalizing hatred of themselves and other women. Unfortunately, this experience doesn’t always lead us to recognize our own intolerance towards others.
12:23 PM - Feb 22, 2023 (Edited)
Shawn Scott
A
Not victim but experience seeing my BIL victimized. My eldest sibling was married to a black man for 40 years in North Tulsa. I’ve had a scary goblin old white man grab me away from my BIL when I was a kid when I was with him at the store asking me if this “n” was abusing me. NO MF BUT YOU ARE!!
10:43 AM - Feb 22, 2023 (Edited)
Sherri Melvyn
B
So glad to see you on spoutible, Jon!
10:23 AM - Feb 22, 2023
Amy Guterman
A
Multiple tims-6 foot swastika burned into our lawn; bus driver let kids pull me off the bus by my hair, saying, “if you want to do the Jew, get her off my bus.”; 5th grade teacher made me stand in front of the class, saying, “Americans celebrate Christmas, Amy is going to tell us what HER people do”
10:02 AM - Feb 22, 2023
Missus Stud
A
In Hawaii if you’re white you are Haoli.
Haoli means skin of pig.
That kind of racism seems logical especially when your land has been invaded by two legged pigs with guns.
09:55 AM - Feb 22, 2023
Zonker Harris
A
Yes. And it makes me intolerant of any form of discrimination.
09:34 AM - Feb 22, 2023
Crystal May
A
Add sexism and watch your reply list explode.
09:31 AM - Feb 22, 2023
Mystrix Noire
A
May I ask you a question in exchange for my answer?
09:30 AM - Feb 22, 2023
John Bolton's Mustache™️☑️
A
I'm Jewish. Had a boyfriend who said something about kikes. He didn't even know what it meant. He wasn't my boyfriend after that.
09:28 AM - Feb 22, 2023 (Edited)
Amy Guterman
A
In response to John Bolton's Mustache™️☑️.
The origin of kike was that at Castle Garden (the predecessor to Ellis Island) people were marked with a chalk X after being checked, Jews, not wanting what often looked like a cross, were marked with a circle, kikel in Yiddish. It just shows ANYTHING can be an insult if used with hate.
10:25 AM - Feb 22, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}