Salma Typhii
A
Next time blue state folks talk about how racist red states are, remind them that this is the Bay Area, CA
Bowerydoll @Bowerydoll
05:15 PM - Sep 01, 2023
05:26 PM - Sep 01, 2023
Profit Greenly
A
In response to Salma Typhii.
Is there evidence that the threat actually came from CA? I know there's racism there but I also know that right wing trolls are adept at spoofing phone numbers.
08:45 PM - Sep 01, 2023
Salma Typhii
A
In response to Profit Greenly.
IIRC from what my SIL mentioned from school updates (my nephew is in K in Oakland) it has been global threats, including some local. Obviously they are asking all parents to BOLO at all schools. With all the tech bros in the area they have a higher than average number of racists
08:17 AM - Sep 02, 2023
Profit Greenly
A
Unless the actually catch a local perpetrator, or it's done via a physical note I would be slow to accept that it was truly local. Sure there're local racists everywhere, but these threats seem to stem from a base of internet hard right who are trying to fool others into thinking they're everywhere.
09:09 AM - Sep 02, 2023
Salma Typhii
A
Where do you think Peter Theil and Elon Musk are from and all their stans? Bay Area tech bro, racist incels are thick on the ground in Oakland, Berkeley, SF, everywhere out there
In response to Profit Greenly.
02:10 PM - Sep 02, 2023
Myra Faye Turner
A
I can't believe this person is twisting themselves into a pretzel rather than admitting the calls likely came from local racist people.
11:43 AM - Sep 03, 2023
Salma Typhii
A
In response to Myra Faye Turner.
I know!!!! It is infuriating
11:59 AM - Sep 03, 2023
Nicole
A
In response to Myra Faye Turner.
The way people think there can’t be racists in a blue state is wild to me. I live in Illinois and this guy goes to the same corner store as me…
12:02 PM - Sep 03, 2023
Profit Greenly
A
And stuff like RAM too. These calls may come from CA, but previous evidence makes me think online that accounts are driving this illegal behavior amongst just a few people. Important that those people be stopped. Assuming there're more of that specific type of racist actor is what they want.
03:19 PM - Sep 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}