John Frost
A
thread 1/2
Something to chew on over the weekend. Atheism is normal and religion is abnormal behavior. We are all born atheists and only pick up religion via cultural institutions. There have been homo sapiens that modern people would recognize as a fellow person for over 200,000 years.
06:30 PM - Sep 02, 2023
John Frost
A
thread 2/2
Christianity has only been a religion for less than one-hundredth of that time among millions of other religions and deities. To my eyes, the belief that any religion is true or that its tenets should enjoin me is ridiculous. The universe is too vast and amazing to credit any faith as law.
06:30 PM - Sep 02, 2023
John Frost
A
It's not normal to argue for laws to be passed based on religious tenets. Religion is a mind virus that requires oral and written repetition for the religion to grow. Taken together religions that do both are incompatible with modern society built on values of peace and equity.
In response to Mindy!!!.
08:11 PM - Sep 02, 2023
Mindy!!!
A
In response to John Frost.
It is normal. You can certainly argue why it's bad, but it's still normal. Humanity and society are inseparable. It's common throughout our existence.
08:13 PM - Sep 02, 2023
John Frost
A
In response to Mindy!!!.
I disagree. Religion that attempts to convert young followers is coercive and not normal human behavior. It's taught. Accepting the forced conversion of atheists to a religion should be prohibited for minors.

Equating society with religion is dangerous too
08:18 PM - Sep 02, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}