Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/2
This is true, and I stated in a Twitter Space before launching Spoutible that we wouldn't be able to succeed without Black and LGBTQ+ voices on the platform. To be 100% transparent, I would rather have more Black and LGBTQ+ accounts here than "notable accounts."
Mindy!!! @AllTheMindy
I went to twitter at the time because I knew it had the largest percentage of active Black users. Those users made that site, long before the big names showed up. I lurked around for a long time and observed. Without Black twitter, twitter would be nothing.
08:00 PM - Sep 02, 2023
06:16 AM - Sep 03, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/2
I would rather see ordinary people engaging and having those conversations around race, LGBTQ+ rights, gender equality, politics...etc., than someone just spouting to promote themselves and not engage at all with the community.
06:21 AM - Sep 03, 2023
Antony L
A
Super gay here, reporting for duty. I typically do my activism stuff on TikTok. I never thought about doingit over here cause it's calmer and there's no one here to convince.
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
09:55 AM - Sep 03, 2023
Crafty Kitty
A
In response to Antony L.
But, it's still interesting to discuss. We could learn more about your experiences. You could share artcles or videos. Maybe even a collaborative thread with others?
06:35 PM - Sep 03, 2023
Antony L
A
In response to Crafty Kitty.
Yeah, was trying to say, I'd start doing it here and explain why I hadn't. Was too subtle obviously. 😃
07:06 PM - Sep 03, 2023
Carmen Derbedrossian
A
In response to Antony L.
Your reality and experiences would enlightened folks to speak out (Spout) and engage in a conversation that maybe has never taken place with anyone.
12:53 PM - Sep 03, 2023
Pam Sourelis
A
In response to Antony L.
Activism can also be for the purpose of motivating those who already agree, but need a push into action.
10:46 AM - Sep 03, 2023
Alice
A
In response to Antony L.
But your experiences may help younger people, educate an older generation struggling with pronouns, and your reflection on activism may be useful in other areas such as campaigns for people who struggle with disabilities or illness.
10:12 AM - Sep 03, 2023 (Edited)
Joerg Schoolmann
A
In response to Antony L.
still, we might learn a lot from you.
10:08 AM - Sep 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}