Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/2
This is true, and I stated in a Twitter Space before launching Spoutible that we wouldn't be able to succeed without Black and LGBTQ+ voices on the platform. To be 100% transparent, I would rather have more Black and LGBTQ+ accounts here than "notable accounts."
Mindy!!! @AllTheMindy
I went to twitter at the time because I knew it had the largest percentage of active Black users. Those users made that site, long before the big names showed up. I lurked around for a long time and observed. Without Black twitter, twitter would be nothing.
08:00 PM - Sep 02, 2023
06:16 AM - Sep 03, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/2
I would rather see ordinary people engaging and having those conversations around race, LGBTQ+ rights, gender equality, politics...etc., than someone just spouting to promote themselves and not engage at all with the community.
06:21 AM - Sep 03, 2023
Mlb Anx
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
SPOUTIBLE IS A PHENOMENON. It's an ENTIRELY different
experience. You don't get boosted because you're famous or popular or controversial. We're
equals. You build up following based on the strength content shared vs some algorithm based engagement. Here, everybody is a star (to quote sly stone.)
05:20 PM - Dec 23, 2023
JIlda Nettleton
A
As an ordinary person, I have engaged on here far more than I ever did on Twitter (where I mostly just commented)
01:37 PM - Sep 07, 2023
Caryl D
A
I understand and agree about the blue checks (someone made a reference on Spoutible that is was akin to Sneetches with and without stars)…
But what would draw platforms and content makers (like news notaries) and how do we amplify the information so we can have a meaningful interaction
12:43 PM - Sep 03, 2023
NEMO Cookfan
A
In response to Caryl D.
I think Bouzy's gonna have to change the LIKE button. Right now it seems to me like lots of good content just dies immediately because people LIKE it but there's no benefit to sustaining the life of the post. Echoing doesn't seem to be the answer cuz then I see it over & over without comment.
05:42 PM - Sep 03, 2023
Magda Teter
A
That's what makes Spoutible different. The other site, increasing, is serving the amygdala and the narcissists.
11:59 AM - Sep 03, 2023
Mlb Anx
A
Absolutely! That’s beauty of this platform. No person’s voice is more valuable than another’s. I have interacted with many more super interesting and informative people here, not just notables who want to keep a following. What would get more black twitter users here I wonder?
11:36 AM - Sep 03, 2023
Antony L
A
Super gay here, reporting for duty. I typically do my activism stuff on TikTok. I never thought about doingit over here cause it's calmer and there's no one here to convince.
09:55 AM - Sep 03, 2023
Carmen Derbedrossian
A
In response to Antony L.
Your reality and experiences would enlightened folks to speak out (Spout) and engage in a conversation that maybe has never taken place with anyone.
12:53 PM - Sep 03, 2023
Crafty Kitty
A
In response to Antony L.
But, it's still interesting to discuss. We could learn more about your experiences. You could share artcles or videos. Maybe even a collaborative thread with others?
06:35 PM - Sep 03, 2023
Deborah Winfrey Keene
A
I've promoted my novel on here. But, I also freely engage in the issues of the day. I let people know exactly where I stand. If someone won't buy my book, so be it. Me no care! Maybe some folk won't engage for fear of losing business. I may be wrong. Might just be craven business promotion.
08:04 AM - Sep 03, 2023
Pam Sourelis
A
In response to Deborah Winfrey Keene.
I don't have a problem with people promoting their creative or entrepreneurial work (which is also creative of course). I don't understand the aversion to this, both here and on Mastodon.
10:51 AM - Sep 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}