Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/2
This is true, and I stated in a Twitter Space before launching Spoutible that we wouldn't be able to succeed without Black and LGBTQ+ voices on the platform. To be 100% transparent, I would rather have more Black and LGBTQ+ accounts here than "notable accounts."
Mindy!!! @AllTheMindy
I went to twitter at the time because I knew it had the largest percentage of active Black users. Those users made that site, long before the big names showed up. I lurked around for a long time and observed. Without Black twitter, twitter would be nothing.
08:00 PM - Sep 02, 2023
06:16 AM - Sep 03, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/2
I would rather see ordinary people engaging and having those conversations around race, LGBTQ+ rights, gender equality, politics...etc., than someone just spouting to promote themselves and not engage at all with the community.
06:21 AM - Sep 03, 2023
Deborah Winfrey Keene
A
I've promoted my novel on here. But, I also freely engage in the issues of the day. I let people know exactly where I stand. If someone won't buy my book, so be it. Me no care! Maybe some folk won't engage for fear of losing business. I may be wrong. Might just be craven business promotion.
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
08:04 AM - Sep 03, 2023
Pam Sourelis
A
In response to Deborah Winfrey Keene.
I don't have a problem with people promoting their creative or entrepreneurial work (which is also creative of course). I don't understand the aversion to this, both here and on Mastodon.
10:51 AM - Sep 03, 2023
Morvani
A
In response to Pam Sourelis.
A big reason I was on Twitter is because of that promotion. My favorite follows there are authors I like to read. Their tweets would let me know when new books were coming out, and promote the books of new-to-me authors that they like.
11:42 AM - Sep 03, 2023
Janet Howe
A
In response to Pam Sourelis.
I don’t have any issue with someone promoting their art or other work as long as they interact with others as a part of the community. If they are just posting ads for their work, but otherwise not engaging, that’s not cool, as we used to say.
12:44 PM - Sep 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}