Iris Pérez
A
06:25 PM - Sep 03, 2023
Sneaky Burrito
A
In response to Iris Pérez.
My brothers are 39 and 41 and neither has married. My husband and I were 38 when we got married (we both spent a long time in grad school though).
11:27 AM - Sep 04, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
If fewer people feel pressured to get married, that's wonderful.

But a lot of people likely would like to marry, but feel they're not financially secure enough to get married or build a life with someone, and that's a tragedy imposed on us by capitalism.
11:59 PM - Sep 03, 2023
Seth Triggs
A
I think there's another factor here and it's that there are likely fewer "shotgun weddings" and people being forced to marry (and then stay with) substandard partners, along with younger people being denied the things older generations had (cheap school, office jobs not requiring college).
10:14 PM - Sep 03, 2023
NathanJCaboose
A
Weddings are expensive, raising children is expensive, homes are expensive. Not to mention that if one partner is unable to work due to chronic illness and/or disability, that person will be ineligible for medicaid due to their spouses' income.

It's cheaper to be legally single.
07:02 PM - Sep 03, 2023
The 3rd Corey
A
The greedheads who are so obsessed with infinite growth on a planet 🌎 with finite resources have created a situation where nobody can afford to have kids.

Just more proof that a world with business ppl in charge is a world headed for both ecological & economic collapse.
06:28 PM - Sep 03, 2023
BlueSkyy
A
In response to The 3rd Corey.
💯💯💯
07:02 PM - Sep 03, 2023 (Edited)
Toye Adele
B
In response to The 3rd Corey.
Facts!!
07:57 PM - Sep 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}