Jill Zimmerman
A
Who has experience with weighted blankets? On top of my comforter which I love? or under? (That would be hot I think) I was covered with one at a massage & it was super comforting & I’m having trouble getting to sleep. #Bedtime
12:26 AM - Sep 04, 2023
thoughts of joy
A
In response to Jill Zimmerman.
I found one that has a bamboo covering that doesn’t overheat me, just large enough to cover shoulders and torso. I didn’t need a super heavy one either.
01:47 PM - Sep 04, 2023
Jill Zimmerman
A
In response to thoughts of joy.
Which one? Bamboo covering is great
01:50 PM - Sep 04, 2023
hmmwrites (Heather's version)
A
I overheat easily, but I wanted to try a weighted blanket. I found the Bearaby blanket to be really comfortable, but not too hot. It's a chunky knit that lets excess heat escape, plus it's just fabric, no beads, so it stays evenly weighted no matter how I shift. Love it!
12:50 AM - Sep 04, 2023
Jill Zimmerman
A
In response to hmmwrites (Heather's version).
Thank you! I’m trying a less expensive one to see how I like it.
12:56 AM - Sep 04, 2023
Lori Anne Thomley
A
I need to sleep cool in these hotter months, but still want the comfort the weight brings. Placing the blanket over only my torso is an okay compromise.
Because of how warm the weighted blanket can make me, it’s the top layer on my bed. Then, it’s easiest to adjust/remove depending on temperature
12:42 AM - Sep 04, 2023 (Edited)
Craig Tyler
A
On top.
12:40 AM - Sep 04, 2023
Tracy I
A
I was gifted a very heavy one. I only use it occasionally for naps . All night is too much because I like to turn from side to side and burrito wrap. I used it regularly early pandemic and it really calmed me down. I’ve always slept with a fairly heavy comforter and it’s generally enough these days.
12:39 AM - Sep 04, 2023
Jill Zimmerman
A
In response to Tracy I.
Thanks!
12:58 AM - Sep 04, 2023
Chris Sawler
A
I love mine, but my wife doesn't. So I end up with it folded in half on top of me, double heavy!
12:35 AM - Sep 04, 2023
Jill Zimmerman
A
In response to Chris Sawler.
Do you use a sheet? And do you like the double heavy?
12:38 AM - Sep 04, 2023
Lipsticktraces
B
I got one for my mother who has dementia. She absolutely hated it. i think it's in storage now. Maybe I'll pull it out and try it for myself this winter...
12:33 AM - Sep 04, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}