Viva
A
Anyone here on Spoutible have good advice for returning to work and starting a new career after kids? Good recruiters, resume writing help, you know. I’ll take all the good ideas on where to look for help. Thanks.
05:40 PM - Feb 22, 2023
Tim Graf
A
In response to Viva.
@viva Our silliness drowned you out, and for that I apologize. I have been between jobs many times, and I have always fallen back on temp agencies. Even if you have only the most basic office skills, it's a relatively easy way to keep a paycheck coming in while you figure things out.
10:29 AM - Feb 24, 2023
John Frost
A
In response to Viva.
I feel like it's not really my place to offer advice, but I have an example from a woman I admire. She decided to go back to school and get a masters in social work and now works in public service as a social worker.
06:00 PM - Feb 22, 2023
Lulu
A
In response to Viva.
Try to target a few companies you want to work for, research them and then try to connect with someone for an informational discussion.
05:54 PM - Feb 22, 2023
Kathleen Rupnow
A
In response to Viva.
I would start at your local library. They may be able to refer you to employment services in your area. I live in Ontario, Canada and we have employment centres in most places that can help with all of that. Sometimes employment counsellors even visit libraries and take appointments there.
05:50 PM - Feb 22, 2023
Caroline Woodward
A
In response to Viva.
What do you mean by after kids? After babyhood, been out of the workforce for a few years? Or after high school graduation?
05:47 PM - Feb 22, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}