Dusty Dionne
A
I thank everyone.

I once thanked the theater usher for sweeping up the popcorn and keeping it nice. They stopped, looked at me, and said,

"I've worked here for 5 years, and no one has ever thanked me for doing my job"

I told him that streak ended that day.

#bekind
Cathy Leder @cathyleder
#bekind You never know when something as simple as a smile, can change someone’s day 💜
#SmileMore
01:43 PM - Feb 11, 2023
08:09 PM - Feb 22, 2023
Mary S
A
In response to Dusty Dionne.
Husband was a cop over 30 years, & only one person ever said thank you. A little old lady saw him working a detail at a theater. He was a good cop (I often got to watch him work) & went out of his way to help people, but it was the person who saw him just standing there keeping watch. It matters.
12:09 AM - Feb 23, 2023
Matthew Clayton
A
I used to work at a movie theater for years. It really ticks me off seeing elected Rs vilify service industry workers as “unskilled” & that asking for a $15/hr wage is ungrateful. It takes patience & skill to run food and drink to customers watching a movie or properly prepare a Starbucks latte.
10:56 PM - Feb 22, 2023
Lisa Marie
A
I am much the same way. It always shocks me how many ppl go overlooked . Kindness is so easy…
09:37 PM - Feb 22, 2023
Dad The Geek
A
I tell service people all the time, patience and kindness are free! Doesn’t cost me anything to stand in line and greet them kindly when it’s my turn.

So often I see rude and angry people that think their time is more valuable than the next persons’ time. That’s ain’t true!
09:30 PM - Feb 22, 2023
Annette B
A
I was on a plane last week when a woman next to me made harsh demands to the crew for beverage/snack service. The flight attendant snapped back a bit at her which escalated it a bit. When he leaned down to get something out of the cart, I said quietly, "I appreciate all that you do."
09:17 PM - Feb 22, 2023
Mark Stackpole
A
I love this. As a former janitor, retail salesperson, and movie theatre usher, it always meant a lot for people to “see” me (as not many did). Thank you for being the kind of person to express your gratitude to all those who deserve it/need to hear it! We need more of this in our lives…
09:17 PM - Feb 22, 2023
Annette B
A
When we used to go to theaters, we did the same thing. 💚
09:16 PM - Feb 22, 2023
Diana Demarest
A
Your kindness reminds me of Obama fist bumping with a White House janitor. Thank you. 🥰
09:13 PM - Feb 22, 2023
Cathy Leder
A
💜
09:12 PM - Feb 22, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}