Myron Clifton
A
thread 1/10
DA Fani Willis is doing a wonderful job. And doing what she has done before with proven results.

The criticisms of her -too rushed, too slow, too aggressive, too spicy..
04:22 PM - Sep 08, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 2/10
And they’ll give you an earful.

I worked in middle management for years for large corporations and the most nitpicking, complaints, and unnecessary criticisms were consistently directed to Black/brown women. No matter how good, effective, efficient, gracious, accurate they were
04:22 PM - Sep 08, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 3/10
he most negative energy and comments were directed at them. I spent time every week defending and backing Black/brown women from “management” who seemed to relish finding fault with their results.
04:23 PM - Sep 08, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 4/10
It’s interesting because in trying not to show favoritism the we minorities would go extra to help, run interference, and guard our folk against the attacks.

But you know what? Sometimes our efforts weren’t welcomed because folk wanted to handle on their own -which was fine.
Myron Clifton
A
thread 5/10
And they weren’t always successful, which, okay, that’s life/business.

It’s just awful they have to even be in the situation where a mentor or boss has to help them in that way all due to bias, misogyny, misognoir, racism.
Myron Clifton
A
thread 6/10
Imagine Fani or VP or Shontel in politics.. Or Jennifer Lopez, Jenna Ortega, or Oprah… then imagine the Black lady working at Walmart, or the Latina at Safeway, or at your bank. I guarantee you they each have the same experience having their excellence stamped out, tamped down.
Myron Clifton
A
thread 7/10
The reflect to attack the credibility & credentials of Black & brown women is really exhausting -for me as a man/observer so I cannot imagine the frustration they feel.

*side note that “all” women have their credentials attacked.

Black & Latino women tho *also get it from ww
04:24 PM - Sep 08, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 8/10
For me I learned to trust Black/brown women I worked with knew what they were doing because if they did not they would be fire so damn fast. And I learned that I was most helpful if I listened first, acted last. I also learned that there are many ways to success.
Myron Clifton
A
thread 9/10
And that for me in my experience..

The most creative, efficient, effective results were often produced by Black/brown women who (thankfully) thought differently than I did and who were trusted to get their shit done because they have almost zero margin of error because, reasons
Myron Clifton
A
thread 10/10
I’ll end it with I hope Da Fani Willis and especially VP Harris one day receive the trust from all quarters but especially from men and women in the media who grant that and more to so many mediocre men.

The country, business, & the courts, will be better off when it happens.
Renee Tang
A
In response to Myron Clifton.
🙏🏻 Thank you Myron. The excellence of black women will always be feared and criticized. I chose to listen to and celebrate black women.❤️‍🔥
10:14 PM - Sep 08, 2023
Lisse (she/her)
A
In response to Myron Clifton.
Thank you, Byron.
07:33 PM - Sep 08, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}