DeSerae
A
Meghan's great-great-grandmother, Mary Bird, was born in #malta in 1862.

"When asked to go to Malta to not only discover the beautiful #island , but also the land from which my great grandmother hailed, I said yes without hesitation," she wrote in 2015.

#DuchessOfSussex #Meghan
#TheMoreYouKnow
11:59 PM - Feb 22, 2023
Bev
A
In response to DeSerae.
I always wondered what that hood was that she’s wearing. It looks so futuristic.
03:59 AM - Feb 23, 2023
DeSerae
A
In response to Bev.
Yes, #Meghan certainly looked beautifully futuristic. In this photo, #Meghan wore a għonnella, sometimes referred to as a Faldetta, a form of women’s head dress and shawl, or hooded cloak, unique to the #Mediterranean islands of #malta and #Gozo .
#DuchessOfSussex #DuchessMeghan
09:02 AM - Feb 23, 2023 (Edited)
Nancy Bird
A
In response to DeSerae.
We must be related! How cool. The Bird name came from England but was brought over from France in 1066 with the Norman Conquest. The name them was Lebrid. Some Birds came to Virginia in the 1800's. There the family split to Bird/Byrd.
01:54 AM - Feb 23, 2023
DeSerae
A
In response to Nancy Bird.
I appreciate your insight. I have always had such a deep interest in History and lineage. There is so much to discover, everyday. Love it!
09:08 AM - Feb 23, 2023
Auntie D ?
A
In response to Nancy Bird.
Wow u CUD b related. Our world is small.The bckgrnd info bhind the name Bird is Interestin.At twitter the brit tabloids hd bn stalkin our threads.We wud only discoverd it when one tell us that we are in the tabloids or that they hd fabricatd a fake story around our tweets. If they shud see ur spout!
04:18 AM - May 07, 2023
DeSerae
A
In response to DeSerae.
Read more about Meghan’s Malta trip:

https://www.eonline.com/am...
12:03 AM - Feb 23, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}