Phil Loomis
A
I've been off social media for almost a week due to my first ever bout of vertigo. Saw my doctor day 3, not much they can do. So many medical advances in the last (pick a number) years, and still nobody really understands this phenomenon. My heart goes out to those who suffer it.
05:42 PM - Sep 09, 2023
Gabrielle T
A
In response to Phil Loomis.
It’s the absolute worst. I’m so sorry you are dealing with it. I’ve had vertigo off & on for about 10 years. Did the doc do the head movement exercises with you to try and reset inner ear crystals? There are tons of videos online of different exercises (head movements) that can help most cases. 🙏🏼
05:51 PM - Sep 09, 2023
Phil Loomis
A
In response to Gabrielle T.
Thanks. My doc did do a quick overview of the maneuvers, and I tried one of them. Fortunately the dizziness faded by Friday & today I'm at about 90%.
07:46 PM - Sep 09, 2023
MonzaMayhem
A
In response to Phil Loomis.
Does it happen when lying down as well as upright? Or does it just happen when you stand up (orthostatic intolerance - OI)? Sometimes people mistake dizziness upon standing with vertigo. For vertigo, the epley maneuver helped me. For OI, increased fluids, salt, and compression socks helps.
05:47 PM - Sep 09, 2023
Phil Loomis
A
In response to MonzaMayhem.
Mine has mostly cleared now, but the worst of it was when I reclined to a fully prone position. Once I was upright & not spinning, I could walk around, but if I turned quickly or if I bent over & stood up... wooh, baby! That first day was the worst, and it has slowly tapered off since then.
07:50 PM - Sep 09, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}