Salma Typhii
A
Actually no one will wonder that. Bigotry is American as apple pie. What will fuck folks up is supposed progressives like Naderites, Bernie Bros, Stein Stans, and the people who are looking for someone other than #Harris2028 claiming not to be racist but being racist
Pierson Tyler-Leonard @The_Old_Crank
History will unkindly look back on this era and wonder how was it possible that people willingly cast their votes for so many unqualified elected officials such that the country would then find itself fighting for survival as a democracy.. I can only imagine what historians will write about us.?
08:43 PM - Sep 09, 2023
08:46 PM - Sep 09, 2023
Rollo Tomasi
A
In response to Salma Typhii.
The "can't understand why this is happening " is so American isn't it?
09:13 PM - Sep 09, 2023
Salma Typhii
A
In response to Rollo Tomasi.
And it is SO FUCKING DISINGENUOUS. This isn't new. This is a feature, not a bug
09:14 PM - Sep 09, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
I'd like to think that a lot of the anti-Harris rhetoric has more to w/a country still believing that no woman, regardless of race, is capable of being the POTUS even many progressives.. This glass ceiling seems to be the single most difficult to break through esp for men in America, even "liberals"
09:02 PM - Sep 09, 2023
Rollo Tomasi
A
In response to Pierson Tyler-Leonard.
Nope. Racism
09:12 PM - Sep 09, 2023
My Flying Car 2020
A
In response to Pierson Tyler-Leonard.
Scholarship explains there's no selective peeling of the onion. Misogyny - powerful in a country where a vocal minority is attacking women's rights, is a problem. But to racists, VP is Black, Asian and an immigrant's kid. There's no separating those out. They intersect and amplify each other.
09:22 PM - Sep 09, 2023
Mitchell Kosterman
A
And sexist.
08:56 PM - Sep 09, 2023
Jo she/her Thompson
A
Claiming to not be racist while actively being racist also drips of apple pie.
08:49 PM - Sep 09, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}