Licia
A
thread 1/7
Had an unsavory visitor yesterday. Her husband needed my husband's help in translating a document. The two showed up without masks. I offered a couple. He took his and I let him inside. She stood and stared at the box like it had been dipped in radiation. I was barring the door. My home. My rules.
01:45 AM - Sep 10, 2023
Licia
A
thread 2/7
Just as she opened her mouth to give an anti-mask lecture, I reminded her of my rules. She had an option: wait in their car. Reluctantly, she took the mask & just plopped it on her face. I waited for her to adjust it properly & let her in. Once inside, she started mumbling about her freedom. *sigh*
01:48 AM - Sep 10, 2023
Licia
A
thread 3/7
The two men had retired to my husband's study, so she & I went to the living room. She said the room was as cold as unfeeling as I was. There was no place for a guest to sit properly. I offered her a stool made from milk cartons since her hygiene was questionable. She was appalled. *Shrug*
01:56 AM - Sep 10, 2023
Licia
A
thread 4/7
With her seated so uncomfortably, I lectured her about our home being our castle. It is for us & no one else. This means that anytime someone suggests they come here, I can honestly say there is no place for that person to shit. We have two dining chairs & two recliners. The sofa is in my office.
01:58 AM - Sep 10, 2023
Licia
A
thread 5/7
Maybe we are in the extreme, but recently I have learned a great deal about my home being a peaceful oasis. I don't want this to be a place where I feel I must run to escape others. I want this to be the place I run towards because I want to be here. Everything is designed for the two of us.
02:01 AM - Sep 10, 2023
Licia
A
thread 6/7
Now there are people who don't mind the decor. Some say this place looks like a comfy movie theater. They are happy to sit on the floor and maybe watch those streaming services I pay for but often forget abojt. Others like that woman are rude and disrespectful. No one disrespects me in my home.
02:04 AM - Sep 10, 2023
Licia
A
thread 7/7
Anyway, the woman made some commentary under her breath while a visiting stray cat hissed at her continuously from my recliner. The cat still hissed at the stool for after she left. I need to burn it. Knowing that her husband can't function without mine, why would she come here to show her butt?
02:11 AM - Sep 10, 2023
Nautilus
A
It has been three years, they need to get over it. Bet she has a very different opinion about "freedom" when it comes to anyone not like her.
In response to Licia.
01:53 AM - Sep 10, 2023
Licia
A
In response to Nautilus.
Oh, I'm very sure she didn't want to come to my house or have her husband ask mine for a favor. Though there are many translators, they struggle to deal with government jargon. Those documents are a part of Mr. Licia's rote memory. Her poor husband. At the very least, she should have respected him.
02:17 AM - Sep 10, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}