The Reluctant Townie
A
The studios are banking on public opinion turning against the actors and writers. Consumer outrage. "Where's the next season of my show on Netflix!" The studios are shaping that message in the media. Their fight is our fight. Discomfort versus accommodation.
Annette Licitra @alicitra
The actors and writers of SAG-AFTRA and WGA are still on strike. ‘Star Trek’ is giving them a boost. #unionstrong ✊🏽✊🏻✊🏾
12:38 PM - Sep 10, 2023
12:54 PM - Sep 10, 2023
Catherine B
A
In response to The Reluctant Townie.
I don't believe this strike will end anytime soon tbh. These actors and writers might want to find other careers tbh.
03:10 PM - Sep 10, 2023
The Reluctant Townie
A
In response to Catherine B.
My gut feeling is it won't either. The studios recognize the threat this poses to their business model. Sadly, the industry IS going to lose good and capable talent the longer it goes on. One needs to eat and keep a roof overhead. We all have a stake in this, in odd and tangled ways.
03:26 PM - Sep 10, 2023
Candace Brent
A
I think I would like to see writers and actors push for a one day boycott of all streaming, broadcast or theaters. Read, do a puzzle or play music. News is OK but nothing with an actor or script writer
01:00 PM - Sep 10, 2023
The Reluctant Townie
A
In response to Candace Brent.
Yes, action, not words. I've paused my Hulu Live subscription, the only service I have. However, that may hurt those on strike as well. It's an ugly situation. When greed became good and consumed the soul of a nation, much was lost.
01:04 PM - Sep 10, 2023
Kalind
A
In response to Candace Brent.
I remember Josh Gad discouraged boycotts of consuming content since he said that would hurt their side in negotiations
03:09 PM - Sep 10, 2023
Cyndi Brown she/her
A
We made it through Covid. We can certainly make it through the strike. In Solidarity USW Retired.
12:57 PM - Sep 10, 2023
Annette Licitra
A
They are. That’s why we have to stay vocal in support of the actors and writers.
12:56 PM - Sep 10, 2023
The Reluctant Townie
A
In response to Annette Licitra.
Yep. Toss them a coin too if you can. Many folks are in dire shape financially.
12:57 PM - Sep 10, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}