Briana Laciura
A
Just a reminder to my teacher friends (and myself): 9/11 was a very formative event in many of our lives. That doesn't mean we should spend all day tomorrow rehashing our trauma for students under the guise of honoring the day/teaching them about an event they weren't alive for...
03:19 PM - Sep 10, 2023
Yvette
A
In response to Briana Laciura.
It’s part of American History now. In New York many families lost relatives. My best friend’s husband was in the FDNY. He lost 18 friends that day. He’s lost many more to Cancer and other diseases from exposure to Ground Zero since. I think children should be taught that it happened. ☮️💙
03:32 PM - Sep 10, 2023
Briana Laciura
A
In response to Yvette.
I can't fathom what that man experienced. I spent a bit of time volunteering at Ground Zero after and am still humbled by all I saw and heard. I think children need to learn; I just want to see us be intentional about how it's taught, like other major events and not an intensive 8-hour rehashing.
03:56 PM - Sep 10, 2023
Unknown Soldier
A
Thank You for saying this.
03:27 PM - Sep 10, 2023
Deborah Conway
A
That was a moment for me, when I realized that the students I was teaching were not born and didn’t know anything about 9/11😭😭 I felt old😭.
03:22 PM - Sep 10, 2023
Kinzie Mat
A
Excellent Thinking: appreciate you, Teach!♥️
03:21 PM - Sep 10, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}