Joe Rotindo
A
Another shot from the same locale, but this time in B&W.

I still edit my photos the old-fashioned way, by hand. Mostly dust removal, and in this instance a BW filter.

Tech that's 12 years old seems ancient now. I do wonder if I should leap forward and see what's happening in 2023 tech lol

✌️😎
08:58 PM - Sep 10, 2023
Evolve Undefined
A
In response to Joe Rotindo.
Film/darkroom or digital ? Nice photo
09:00 PM - Sep 10, 2023
Joe Rotindo
A
In response to Evolve Undefined.
Thank you!

It's digital, but "old digital". 2012 Pentax K5II DSLR on a tripod, then edited on a 2011 iMac with Aperture v2.0. I don't even think they make updates for that anymore lol
09:05 PM - Sep 10, 2023
Kate ChinaKatWrites
A
I wondered too. I do my edits by hand but in PS.
09:07 PM - Sep 10, 2023
Joe Rotindo
A
In response to Kate ChinaKatWrites.
I used to use PS back in the old days when it was on CD or DVD, I forget which.

Editing by hand seems to be going away, but I haven't researched into the new methods. I let go of the need to constantly upgrade my tech when I decided to just take pictures for fun.
09:10 PM - Sep 10, 2023
Jose Gonzalez
A
As a hobby I edit digitally daily. Tools today are almost "magic." Not talking about making stuff up out of thin air with Gen AI (which is pretty cool but not satisfying for me). But AI powered tools are amazing. Re-editing old pics is great. And I'm still using my Canon T3i! Adobe, Topaz, Skylum.
09:47 PM - Sep 10, 2023
Joe Rotindo
A
Oh wow I hadn't even thought about AI in photo-editing. It must be pretty cool.

Yeah the constant tech upgrades was a huge letdown so I just stopped. I don't even know what I'm missing hahaha
In response to Jose Gonzalez.
09:54 PM - Sep 10, 2023
Jose Gonzalez
A
Happy to discuss my tools and resources in this thread for the community or DMs if your followers don't want to get spammed. FYI, here's a link to some of my work: www.wooglyph.com. Again, I'm an amateur so just sharing, not an "expert" here to critique anyone.
10:01 PM - Sep 10, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}