Wild Magnolia
A
The Battle Against the Fungal Apocalypse Is Just Beginning
Fungal infections are rising worldwide and climate change may be to blame. Medicine isn’t ready.
https://www.wired.com/stor...
09:12 AM - Sep 12, 2023
Dyan London
A
In response to Wild Magnolia.
My sister contracted Valley Fever. Lesions were detected on her lungs. She was fortunate to have a physician that was very familiar with VF. She was given antibiotics that thankfully worked. She lived in the windiest desert in South California. Windy dusty deserts are just one on the carriers of VF
11:27 AM - Sep 12, 2023
Joelle Balfe
A
I'm glad your sis is okay. My sis got it there too. But her idiot doctor told her she had advanced lung cancer based solely on the X-ray. It was the worst 3 weeks of our lives while we scrambled to get her back to the Midwest and to find a Cancer treatment center that would take her immediately.
In response to Dyan London.
12:13 PM - Sep 12, 2023
Dyan London
A
In response to Joelle Balfe.
And how is she now? Yup, there are some doctors out there that should close their practices for good and go fishing.
02:33 PM - Sep 12, 2023
Joelle Balfe
A
In response to Dyan London.
She's good, thanks. The whole thing was a lucky fluke in some ways. The X-ray was standard practice due to a car accident to check for seat belt injury. That's how lesions were discovered. Turned out to be VF AND sarcoidosis. She didn't know she had either. But the cancer scare was stupid scary.
02:39 PM - Sep 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}