Clandestino
A
Are there any people here who can explain why Spoutible has not gained more visibility & traction, while it's obvious it offers more features than Bluesky for those coming from X (such as gifs, DMs, bookmarks, etc.)? Why does this place feels so... Empty (even more than Mastodon).
05:49 AM - Sep 11, 2023 (Edited)
Sabine
A
In response to Clandestino.
Compared to the bird app Spoutible is certainly "emptier" in terms of accounts. But maybe you should take into account that - if you come from a crowded place with everyone yelling and screaming at each other - everything else will feel quieter. I terms of engagement Spoutible is not lacking.
06:00 AM - Sep 11, 2023
Clandestino
A
In response to Sabine.
I'm not comparing Spoutible to Twitter/X, but I do compare it with Bluesky, who offers much less features while providing a much higher engagement rate and a very strong sense of community. In that sense, I find Spoutible comparable to T2, which also feels like a desert to me...
07:25 AM - Sep 12, 2023
Sabine
A
and on Bluesky you are following 4 people, as you do here?
02:40 PM - Sep 12, 2023
Clandestino
A
Nope. Got there early april, so far got already about 350 followers, following around 250 people, and more everyday, and it has become my primary social network since then (completely moved away from facebook/twitter and not counting Instagram in in the list since I'm not using it as a SN).
In response to Sabine.
05:21 PM - Sep 12, 2023
Clandestino
A
But the real issue I see here is that when you follow people they don't engage back. So I ended up unfollowing 90% of the people I used to follow...
05:22 PM - Sep 12, 2023
Clandestino
A
Another thing (but I think I mentioned it earlier) is that on Bluesky, it was quite easy to find people speaking French. Although I consider myself fluent in English, I always found it easier to initiate a network on a new site by exchanging primarily in your native language.
05:27 PM - Sep 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}