RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his)
A
I was just now reminded of this scene (They did cut out a line that was insensitive). However watch and pay attention to what Florida says...it's more true now than it was when this episode aired.
Good Times | Michael Is In Trouble With James | Classic TV Rewind - YouTube

Michael (Ralph Carter) is expecting a punishment after being suspended at school.From Season 1, Episode 5 'Michael Gets Suspended' - Michael is suspended fro...

11:00 PM - Sep 12, 2023
PS Annie
A
In response to RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his).
I loved that show so much as a kid. James Evans always reminded me of my Dad. His demeanor was sometimes scary, but I never felt afraid of him.
Florida Evans also reminded me of my mom. The smartest, kindest person in room, but wasn't taking any shit from anyone.
12:17 AM - Sep 13, 2023
Eddie Sangalang
A
I remember this. It just dawned on me that Michael was a late Boomer cuz back then, he was just a few years older than me. And the ending of the episode after James died still gets me. IYKYK.
12:12 AM - Sep 13, 2023
BattleFuzz
A
I loved that show.

BTW, I'm crying.
11:57 PM - Sep 12, 2023 (Edited)
Susan Simon
A
Thanks for the reminder. I taught for nearly 40 years and her comment is right on the money. Get what you can, push when you can, and keep learning for the rest of your life outside of school.
11:11 PM - Sep 12, 2023
Yimi_Kyrabo
A
isn't it horrible that this clip, probably early 80s if not late 70s, is still relevant. An indictment in some ways, on us change makers. We can't afford a day off. Those of ill will and wishing to keep the past a live, never rest and seems to manage time better than us.
11:09 PM - Sep 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}