Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 1/3
It really is two overlapping circles, 100% commonality.

The foundational belief in the GOP that democrats are illegitimate drives all of this. If you buy into that one precept, the very act of holding leadership power is, in itself, a crime. The dissonance comes when GOPers come in contact with...
Professor Kyle @blackcatprose
Not sure this needs an article – I imagine it's 2 completely overlapping circles. If you're willing to "believe" (i.e. lie to yourself and/or just pretend you believe) one absurd conspiracy theory that justifies your bigot-in-chief remaining in power, you'll embrace anything similar.
06:02 PM - Sep 13, 2023
06:29 PM - Sep 13, 2023
Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 2/3
reporters who challenge them. Rep. Perry got quite angry when a reporter asked what evidence they have and lashed out that "if you can't see it, you're blind!"

This is consistent with the precept that dems are criminals by holding power. Evidence becomes irrelevant.
06:32 PM - Sep 13, 2023 (Edited)
Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 3/3
non-sequitur: That last spout had a "your - you're" error. I used the edit to fix it. That felt SOOOO good after years on Xitter just having to powerlessly look at that "your" in perpetuity.
06:33 PM - Sep 13, 2023
Bethany Garden Witch
B
In response to Bob - Garden is Life.
I don’t understand this. Why do they think Dems are illegitimate? What are they basing it on? Is it because they believe Trump won? If BIDENS win was illegitimate than every person who won last election is illegitimate.
06:42 PM - Sep 13, 2023
Deborah Conway
A
In response to Bethany Garden Witch.
I think 🤔 that’s the point! Only GOP is legitimate!! If they don’t have power it doesn’t count!!
06:54 PM - Sep 13, 2023
Bob - Garden is Life
A
In response to Bethany Garden Witch.
This belief is engineered. Ailes and Murdoch designed the foundations of Fox News to create and maintain a bubble where their viewers are fed this as reality. The GOP used to straddle the real/not real partition, but many have drunk the Kool Aid and now have a difficult time with the real world.
06:57 PM - Sep 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}