Rebecca E
A
Beating the same drum...again...IGNORE ALL POLLS! Ask...Who is funding the poll? Who wrote the questions? Who and how many were called? Landline or mobile? Etc Etc Etc.
Instead of fretting, work to GOTV in every election! When we organize....we WIN!
Professor Kyle @blackcatprose
Polls have underestimated the Dem vote significantly and consistently since 2018...which, if the press is going to cite them, should be the first thing they acknowledge (spoiler: it isn't).
09:58 AM - Sep 14, 2023
10:03 AM - Sep 14, 2023
Lynn Dewees
A
In response to Rebecca E.
The only poll that matters is the one taken on election day in the voting booths
11:52 AM - Sep 14, 2023
Margie Kennedy
A
I took Statistics in college. I got an A...but in all honesty it was the only class I was taking at the time and I spent hours on it. It was hard. Here is what I learned: Polls and surveys can be skewed to get the result you want. It is impossible to get a truly random sample. Don't believe them.
10:46 AM - Sep 14, 2023
Susan Simon
A
This this this! My dad, the mathematician taught me early on to not trust stats unkess you knew the background info.
10:41 AM - Sep 14, 2023 (Edited)
CPfromCA
A
ALL of that.

All I remember from my college statistics class:

1) HOW are the questions written? Because that's KEY, as there can be bias & an attempt to lead those responding toward a particular answer,

And

2) If you don't have a big enough sample size, your results aren't reliable
10:34 AM - Sep 14, 2023
Rebecca E
A
In response to CPfromCA.
Right! Same info from my Poli Sci classes. Unless things have shifted they only poll landlines. Most people no longer answer their phones if they don't recognize the caller.
The only poll that matters is the one taken on election day.
10:38 AM - Sep 14, 2023
Doreen Carvajal
A
Preach
10:08 AM - Sep 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}