Dr. William
A
Getting COVID infections does not provide immunity. It does lead to medical complications & a setback in any progress that has been made in regard to long COVID

I treat COVID patients & have had multiple COVID infections from working on the frontlines

Please believe the facts not misinformation
01:52 PM - Feb 23, 2023 (Edited)
Yo Wassup?
A
In response to Dr. William.
would add that getting boosters does not prevent getting COVID again (but it probably reduces severity) so I for one mask up in public spaces...
07:42 AM - Apr 22, 2024
HawkeyeKateBishop
A
I'm sorry you've had it multiple times, but thank you for taking care of people.
09:09 PM - Feb 21, 2024
Arthur Grupp
A
Old saying goes “Err on the side of caution.”
07:01 AM - Dec 22, 2023
Dean Cascarano
A
Long covid scares me more than covid. I used to watch these physics youtube videos from this girl who has to be under 35. Got covid over 2 years ago on her honeymoon and has been declining ever since. Completely bedridden more for a year and a half. Scary
11:42 PM - Dec 21, 2023
Carol Nelson
A
I'm ready for the boosters to come out so I can update my vax.
10:39 AM - Sep 03, 2023
Mary Cole
A
Your work is appreciated. I worry that long Covid will share the dreadful repercussions of other viral problems, leading to destruction of the nerve myelin sheaths and all the horrors that follow and worsen with the years. I hope solutions are both possible and uncovered.
12:04 PM - Aug 20, 2023
Dr. William
A
Coronaviruses have the highest rate of mutation there is always a new variant. With multiple variants that are constantly mutating circulating in society your best protection against COVID is vaccines

https://ghrp.biomedcentral...
06:32 PM - Feb 28, 2023
Dr. William
A
The “90 days” recommendation from the CDC comes from ONE study looking at ONE healthcare facility and a poorly designed study at that

multiple studies showing intervals of reinfections that are less than 90 days like the study I shared 👆

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.g...
06:39 PM - Feb 28, 2023
Anne King
A
According to public health authorities in Canada, there is immunity for 6 months after an infection. In fact, we are advised by public health not to get boosted for 6 months after infection because it would be redundant. If you have a citation that shows otherwise, please share, thanks.
03:35 PM - Feb 28, 2023
Dr. William
A
In response to Anne King.
Problem is multiple variants & those viruses are always mutating

The guidelines are conflicting & very little data has been made available but the recommendation in the US is to get COVID boosters every 3 months for monovalent, 2 months bivalent & boosters 2-3 after primary series

The only st
04:58 PM - Feb 28, 2023
Harry Kaufman
A
Excuse please, im aged, have underling issue then one could possibly imagine, Have the FuLL compliment of Pfizer Vaccine, boosted, 3 dose of bivlent running thru my temple, Have had 0 breakthru, tested negative,countlessly. Exposed to 4 varieties of this insidious virus. What say one NOW???
03:31 PM - Feb 28, 2023
Dr. William
A
In response to Harry Kaufman.
I actually ended up developing multiple medical issues due to repeat COVID infections from working on the frontlines

some people really believe that it just won’t happen to them or just don’t care enough about their health to avoid it (take health for granted imo)

It’s sad
03:34 PM - Feb 28, 2023 (Edited)
Squiggly Lines
A
Do we know why an infection doesn’t result in immunity the way a vaccine does?
01:58 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Dr. William
A
In response to Squiggly Lines.
Coronaviruses have the highest rate of mutation there is always a new variant. Before it was believed that infections with coronavirus was not deadly so no vaccines were really developed

Historically Vaccines have provided protection for many diseases when our immune system couldn’t ex: measles
02:00 PM - Feb 23, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}