Misty InTheCity
A
Now let's work on allowing all employees to reveal their salaries - if they choose - without fear of retribution from management/HR. Keeping salaries private only helps the company not employees.
03:59 PM - Feb 23, 2023
James Leroux
A
In response to Misty InTheCity.
I had to sign one of those $#%#$ things when IBM let go everyone over 40 in my division. It was either that or lose 20K in severance.... Weirdly enough. I now make three times as much and it was probably a great thing that happened. Not that it felt so at the time..
04:02 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Misty InTheCity
A
In response to James Leroux.
I also had to sign one to receive severance when Gannett (USAToday) started laying off departments but mostly people over 40.

It took me two years to get back to the salary I was making when my job was eliminated. Bastards!
04:08 PM - Feb 23, 2023
James Leroux
A
In response to Misty InTheCity.
yah i used that money to go back to school... worked summers at ten bucks an hour and finally landed back on my feet 2 years later.. It was tough but now i make six figures. And have basically no debt. Only regret was hedging my bets on my mortgage.. If I had taken the risk i would be out of that
04:12 PM - Feb 23, 2023
James Leroux
A
Its a huge betrayal to the middle class. Its nice to see these corporation being held to some account for once.
04:14 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Misty InTheCity
A
We're collateral to be jettisoned as needed for the benefit of the stockholders.
04:22 PM - Feb 23, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}