Gregg Levine
A
Here is Rep. Steve Scalise in a mask because he is undergoing chemotherapy for cancer and so, is immunocompromised during an ongoing pandemic.

Yet, amazingly, at many US hospitals, masks are not required—not for patients, not for healthcare workers—even in oncology departments.
02:41 PM - Sep 18, 2023
WordsToVoteBy
A
In response to Gregg Levine.
It’s shocking. Cleveland Clinic dropped its masking requirement for staff and patients last year, as did other hospital systems around here. I wear mine to appointments and occasionally a healthcare professional asks if I would like them to put one on - but this is rare. 😷
02:46 PM - Sep 18, 2023
Gregg Levine
A
In response to WordsToVoteBy.
Similar experiences here at some of NYC’s “best” hospitals. It still blows my mind.
02:48 PM - Sep 18, 2023
Barbara Seiders
A
I'm glad to see the Congressman taking a simple step to protect his health. Hopefully, should the need arise in the future to encourage others to do the same, he won't discourage mask wearing as he has in the past. Also, kudos to his health care team for persuading him of the importance of masking!
02:44 PM - Sep 18, 2023
Deb
A
I quit donating blood because the staff won’t wear masks.
02:42 PM - Sep 18, 2023
Gregg Levine
A
In response to Deb.
That is sad and unfortunate. I’m sorry.

Of course, in most cases, giving blood is voluntary. Needing cancer treatments or many other kinds of medical intervention aren’t. I think the least we can all do for people who don’t have a choice is wear a well-fitting, quality mask in public spaces.
02:46 PM - Sep 18, 2023
Gregg Levine
A
Yes, this shows the hypocrisy of GOP leaders & it shows Scalise cares a lot more about himself than he ever did about any of you. But you knew all that. You didn’t need this reminder.

What does require reminding, apparently, is that #MasksWork #COVIDisAirborne & #CovidIsNotOver
02:42 PM - Sep 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}