STEM TheBleeding
A
thread 1/2
I grew up in a conservative household too, and the one glaring thing I remembered was how little thought the GOP wanted their voters to put into voting.

We would literally get a sample ballot marked with the party preferences and a letter saying how as "good patriots" this is how we should vote.
John Bolton's Mustache™️☑️ @John_Boltons_Mustache
Here's the thing...some of us, like me, used to be Republican. I didn't notice their extremism until I switched parties. I also didn't become this political until I switched parties so their horrific and often offensive behavior still shocks me. Thank God I got out when I did.
02:51 PM - Sep 21, 2023
03:31 PM - Sep 21, 2023
STEM TheBleeding
A
thread 2/2
A key aspect of the GOP is that voting is not something you think about. You ignore politics for 2 years, show up on election day, vote straight party R, and then go to lunch.

Never EVER think about how bad your candidates are.

Or much they've ruined your life.

Because the GOP knows best.
03:34 PM - Sep 21, 2023
John Bolton's Mustache™️☑️
A
In response to STEM TheBleeding.
I was only Republican because my parents were. Even so, i never votered a straight R ticket and my parents hated that.

And things were very different back then. There weren't as many young people fully immersed in politics like they are now.
04:24 PM - Sep 21, 2023
STEM TheBleeding
A
In response to John Bolton's Mustache™️☑️.
The last time we ever spoke was when they found out I voted for Clinton, and when challenged about it, I explained that because she had the "conservative" values that they told me as a child were important.

Honesty.
Empathy.
Compassion.
Humility.

Whereas Trump has none of those.
04:29 PM - Sep 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}