Rachel Esselle
A
Really wish my town library was open on the weekend (or past 5 more than two days a week) so I could take the kids more.

The twins BLAZE through books faster than I can afford to buy 'em, and in a town of 8,000 the library hours are slim.

Still LOVE my local library, though! Just not the hours. 😆
10:44 PM - Sep 21, 2023
Sassy Musing
A
In response to Rachel Esselle.
Can you order library books online from other libraries?
11:03 PM - Sep 21, 2023
Rachel Esselle
A
In response to Sassy Musing.
Within our network of towns, yes. We don't have a city system because our city is 8 square miles, but we are a part of the other small towns. But, that still means ordering them for pickup at our local library on their hours.
11:06 PM - Sep 21, 2023
Sassy Musing
A
In response to Rachel Esselle.
Interesting. The libraries need to get together and connect on the web so that you can order from home and from any of the libraries.

Two days a week is not much. I loved going to the library when I was a kid, but I think they were opened during the week and, I think, Saturday.
11:12 PM - Sep 21, 2023
Rachel Esselle
A
I wish they would! We practically lived at the libraries when we lived in a city of 200,000. But two years ago we moved, and were very surprised at how limited it is out here. Grateful to have a library at ALL, but it's super difficult to get there during the schoolyear.
In response to Sassy Musing.
11:25 PM - Sep 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}