Bowerydoll
A
07:38 PM - Sep 21, 2023
André Ware
A
In response to Bowerydoll.
The biggest problem WE have in this country is too many white sisters & brothers are not uncomfortable enough with the discomfort of their marginalized sisters & brothers. WE literally could run the hateful fascists out of town if they would just get on board.
08:01 PM - Sep 21, 2023
Bruno+Auggie’s Dad
A
I’m wondering if the hateful fascists are the easy part. Colorado is low on the diversity scale, and NOCO even lower. Our problem is apathy and ignorance. Head in the sand, pretending there isn’t a problem. Like SGT Schultz, “I see nothing!”
In response to André Ware.
09:47 AM - Sep 22, 2023
André Ware
A
In response to Bruno+Auggie’s Dad.
Agreed, but you can't be a concious adult in this country & not be aware of the daily assaults your fellow marginalized sisters & brothers face. Willful ignorance, apathy, pretending, or worse, doesn't absolve you, it makes you complicit. We need 2 stop letting folks who claim as much off the hook.
02:01 PM - Sep 22, 2023
Bruno+Auggie’s Dad
A
In response to André Ware.
Ignorance isn’t the right word. More like, plausible deniability, or whistling past the graveyard, or a spin on actor-observer bias. (“If I’m racist, it’s because of the system, and not my fault.”)

The human brain is capable of shutting out pretty much anything it doesn’t want deal with.
05:54 PM - Sep 22, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}