Johann
A
In case anybody is confused.

We can clarify, that without doubt, Brexit is (and was always going to be) an unmitigated disaster for this country.
04:56 AM - Feb 24, 2023
Johann
A
In response to Johann.
08:21 AM - Feb 24, 2023
Gypsy
B
In response to Johann.
I said right from the start it was going to be a disaster. Could NOT believe the UK was doing it. Just from a trade POV alone, being in the EU meant the UK hung with the big boys, was the big boy in the room, then leaves and has virtually no trade power, why would you even think to do that?
07:53 AM - Feb 24, 2023
Johann
A
In response to Gypsy.
Let us separate logic from emotion.

There was no logical or factually correct reason for the UK to leave the EU. I, and others, agree your point.

The Leave argument was solely based on emotion and populism. Under the guise of patriotism, fascism is now on the rise. We are all paying the price.
08:07 AM - Feb 24, 2023
RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his)
A
In response to Johann.
Yeah, and as I've heard, it's not going to be easy to get back into the EU, if at all.
05:00 AM - Feb 24, 2023
Johann
A
In response to RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his).
It is inevitable that we will rejoin.

The EU27 will be welcoming once we get our sanity back. We need leaders who care for this country more than themselves. The tide is turning luckily.
05:07 AM - Feb 24, 2023
Angela Thompson
A
In response to RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his).
@johann , It will take a generation or more, I am so sad that the freedoms I enjoyed are denied to my children, and they had no say in the matter. Its been a disaster for academics who drive research and who saw impact the day after the vote 2016. Now the public can see a 'little' of the devastation
06:26 AM - Feb 24, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}