Slippy Shoe Spouts Stuff
A
Newsome has a choice to make in order to fill the now empty Senate seat in California. Who will make the best replacement?

Barbara Lee

Katie Proter

Adam Schiff

19 votes — 01:24 PM - Sep 29, 2023
Dan Wentzel
A
In response to Slippy Shoe Spouts Stuff.
The Governor said he would pick a black woman, but someone not running in the primary who will serve as caretaker.
01:41 PM - Sep 29, 2023
Slippy Shoe Spouts Stuff
A
In response to Dan Wentzel.
UNless that caretaker has the intention to not run in the election to fill the seat then that would seem acceptable. I honestly doubt the power hungry world of politics has such people.
01:42 PM - Sep 29, 2023
Pamela
A
No one currently in the House
01:36 PM - Sep 29, 2023
Slippy Shoe Spouts Stuff
A
In response to Pamela.
I realized too late I had not added an OTHER option.
01:39 PM - Sep 29, 2023
A work in progress
A
The Governor has previously promised he would appoint a woman of color. He probably is aware choosing Schiff would mean two males replacing two female senators. Times are so fraught, this appointment needs to go to the best suited for the task.
01:32 PM - Sep 29, 2023
jocelynjtweet
A
Newsom should not put a thumb on the scale for any of these candidates. He should fill the position with someone who is not running and doesn't intend to run. Perhaps Barbara Boxer would be willing to step up for the interim. Then the voters of California can decide on a longer term option.
01:29 PM - Sep 29, 2023
Slippy Shoe Spouts Stuff
A
In response to jocelynjtweet.
He literally dismantles all of them and their desire for the job by appointing another person. It makes them an interested incumbent. It is a bad move but its up to him.
01:32 PM - Sep 29, 2023
A work in progress
A
Congressman Schiff because he he is expert in his knowledge of the constitution and a prosecutorial insight into corruption. He’s the best fit for today’s mess.
01:27 PM - Sep 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}