Linda Eisenstein
A
thread 1/2
From a Navy wife today about the impending shutdown:

You have no idea how angry many military members are right now. As of Monday they will work with no pay. Most of the civilians will be furloughed so guess who picks up the slack? (Continues)
03:23 PM - Sep 29, 2023 (Edited)
Linda Eisenstein
A
thread 2/2
They passed a nonsense bill in the house to strip the secretary of defense of his salary knowing full well it would go nowhere in the Senate (thank God), then. TFG speaks of a beloved General's execution. I am so angry I am spitting nails.
03:24 PM - Sep 29, 2023
Jack Mcgraw
A
In response to Linda Eisenstein.
Its absolutely ridiculous to treat military this way
03:37 PM - Sep 29, 2023
Jack Mcgraw
A
In response to Jack Mcgraw.
I mean its bad for all govt employess, but even more for service members
03:50 PM - Sep 29, 2023
JT♍️
A
As a retired military spouse who is also a federal employee, I'm so tired of going through this.
03:33 PM - Sep 29, 2023
Bev Turner
A
As a BRAT, can we spit nails together? Most folks have no fucking clue what our military and their families go through.
03:28 PM - Sep 29, 2023
Rosetta
A
In response to Bev Turner.
Count me in! This army brat is so freaking upset. They have no idea what a shutdown does to military families who the majority financially struggle month to month.
03:31 PM - Sep 29, 2023
FalconWarthog 96
B
Why oh why do military members continue to vote for GOP and against their best interests?
#voteblue2024💙
03:27 PM - Sep 29, 2023
John Bolton's Mustache™️☑️
A
I work in retail. It breaks my heart that we don't offer a military discount despite living in a military town. It tears me up when they can't get what they need.

I'll probably get fired, but when I'm working, if anyone comes in in uniform, I intend on giving them a discount.
03:27 PM - Sep 29, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}