Cheryl Hirschi
A
This is a long, but important, read. DeSantis isn’t following Trump’s playbook. He’s following Hungarian PM Viktor Orbán’s playbook. Everyone needs to take note, including journalists who need to be relentless in questioning DeSantis’ “freedom” narrative and drawing the parallels to Orbán.
07:01 PM - Feb 24, 2023
Sassy Musing
A
In response to Cheryl Hirschi.
Hungary has approximately 9.6 million people. It's going to be harder to convince 330,000,000+. Yes, they can use state legislatures, but I don't think they've factored in the people of those states. Everyone is watching, so when they start in another state everyone should be prepared.
09:49 PM - Apr 30, 2023
MaxxMilly Browne 808
A
How does he even get away with it??
02:51 PM - Apr 21, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to MaxxMilly Browne 808.
Honestly? Because Florida voters let him.

Certainly, some voted against him. And others couldn't vote. But in addition to those who voted for him, more than half of Florida Democrats didn't even bother last time.

Only the resolve of the people can stop fascism.
#vote #VoteBlue
11:40 PM - Jul 24, 2023 (Edited)
James A Clark Jr
A
yes he is.... that speaks volumes.. trump is a wanna be dictator.. Oban is the real deal
04:20 PM - Apr 12, 2023
Ground Control
A
About time someone remembered Orban.
11:41 AM - Mar 19, 2023
Sandra Przybylski
A
Orban & Putin operate out of the same playbook. They follow tenets of fascism. You can look up tenets of fascism. They include rigged elections & finally they declare themselves winner no matter true outcome & consolidate power.Before this,you need to start locally w/ school boards & city councils.
06:17 PM - Feb 25, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
Who is DeSantis's Roger Stone? His Steve Bannon? His Stephen Miller? His Paul Manafort? Is it just Pushaw? (Not likely. I just pose the obvious questions based on the limited info I'm aware of.)
05:38 AM - Feb 25, 2023
Maria OLeary
A
I agree it’s time for him to be questioned about his actions.
10:04 PM - Feb 24, 2023
Mask Wearing Amy
A
Agree.
09:42 PM - Feb 24, 2023
lorraine aylward
A
Orban gerrymandered the crap out of his last election. Its not by accident that Gorka, who wore Hungarian Nazi symbols, was trumps assistant.
09:41 PM - Feb 24, 2023
Diana Demarest
A
Problem is, DeSantis has a "friendlies" list of journalists. All others are barred from attending his pressers.

Grant Stern, a journalist from Miami, has been dragged out of pressers and barred. There are others. DeSantis is a monster.
07:09 PM - Feb 24, 2023 (Edited)
Cheryl Hirschi
A
In response to Diana Demarest.
I know. He’s DELIBERATELY directing state legislature to write unconstitutional laws in hopes this now corrupted SCOTUS will find a convoluted way to uphold them & thus methodically erode freedoms enshrined in our Constitution eventually making it worthless. Dangerous threat 2democracy.
08:24 PM - Feb 24, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}