Andy Reaser
A
If anyone has questions about tv writing, don’t hesitate to ask—I’ve learned a lot since 2001! Gonna use an embarrassing amount of tags since I’m new here.

#screenwriting #story #craft #pitching #WritingCommunity #TV #production #writersroom #ScreenwritingSpouters #character #arc #script #dialogu
09:48 PM - Feb 03, 2023
Susan Brown
A
In response to Andy Reaser.
My son just graduated from Columbia College of Chicago in Film. His end goal is to be a screenwriter. He’s living in LA now and is trying to find a job but is having bad luck. Any tips I can send his way?
06:00 PM - Feb 22, 2023
Andy Reaser
A
Every second he’s not job searching he should be writing and revising his work, and writing as many different kinds of things as possible to hone his craft. Romcoms, action, drama, horror. All of them have elements that help you write other things, and you need to write A LOT to find your voice.
In response to Susan Brown.
07:14 PM - Feb 24, 2023
Susan Brown
A
Thank you! He’s looking to get his foot in the door anywhere and just kinda getting frustrated. I’ll send these tips along to him.
07:24 PM - Feb 24, 2023
Andy Reaser
A
When opportunity knocks, the worst thing in the world is to be ill-prepared. If someone with the ability to help him asks to read him and he says, “Well I’m working on this one thing I love, but this other thing is more polished,” the window on that opportunity will close. PERFECT YOUR CRAFT.
07:18 PM - Feb 24, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}