Cheryl Hirschi
A
This is a long, but important, read. DeSantis isn’t following Trump’s playbook. He’s following Hungarian PM Viktor Orbán’s playbook. Everyone needs to take note, including journalists who need to be relentless in questioning DeSantis’ “freedom” narrative and drawing the parallels to Orbán.
07:01 PM - Feb 24, 2023
Diana Demarest
A
In response to Cheryl Hirschi.
Problem is, DeSantis has a "friendlies" list of journalists. All others are barred from attending his pressers.

Grant Stern, a journalist from Miami, has been dragged out of pressers and barred. There are others. DeSantis is a monster.
07:09 PM - Feb 24, 2023 (Edited)
Cheryl Hirschi
A
In response to Diana Demarest.
I know. He’s DELIBERATELY directing state legislature to write unconstitutional laws in hopes this now corrupted SCOTUS will find a convoluted way to uphold them & thus methodically erode freedoms enshrined in our Constitution eventually making it worthless. Dangerous threat 2democracy.
08:24 PM - Feb 24, 2023
Diana Demarest
A
DeSantis has friends in the right-wing 5th Circuit Court of Appeals in GA. I'm so sick of living under this dictator.
08:36 PM - Feb 24, 2023 (Edited)
Cheryl Hirschi
A
In response to Diana Demarest.
Me too! I never imagined a dictator could get this far in the US. He’s obliterated checks and balances controlling all 3 branches who do whatever he tells them. There are so many unconstitutional laws being passed across the country that DOJ can’t keep up which allows these R’s to consolidate power.
09:03 PM - Feb 24, 2023
Diana Demarest
A
DeSantis' supermajority does whatever they're told to do. It's infuriating. Meanwhile, Dem Senate Minority Leader Lauren Book has introduced ever-important legislation to ban dogs from having their heads out the window while in moving cars.
09:08 PM - Feb 24, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}