Read aBannedBook
A
Do you pay attention to book reviews or go by friends' recommendations? In other words, how do you decide which book to read next?
05:54 PM - Oct 04, 2023
I don't need a "cure"
A
In response to Read aBannedBook.
I usually read reviews or go by librarian recommendations. But sometimes if it's a genre I like I just read it without reading reviews. Sometimes I just read the summary or just randomly read a book based on the cover. Like the Memory Artists. Doesn't always work out. But that one did.
06:26 PM - Oct 04, 2023
scribblegurl
A
When I worked at Barnes & Noble, there was an ARC of Nicholas Drayson's "A Guide to the Birds of East Africa" in the breakroom, which I started reading out of boredom while I was eating lunch one day, and it turned out to be the best book I read that entire year. Still in my Top 10.
In response to I don't need a "cure".
07:05 PM - Oct 04, 2023
I don't need a "cure"
A
In response to scribblegurl.
Sounds intriguing. I'll try to find it. Also I'm jealous you actually worked in a bookstore. That's cool beans 😊
07:12 PM - Oct 04, 2023
scribblegurl
A
In response to I don't need a "cure".
Sadly, B&N is not even remotely what you think working in a bookstore is like, though i did learn a decent bit about publishing, which was part of my goal. Spend those envy points elsewhere. 😉❤️
11:58 AM - Oct 05, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}