Read aBannedBook
A
Do you pay attention to book reviews or go by friends' recommendations? In other words, how do you decide which book to read next?
05:54 PM - Oct 04, 2023
scribblegurl
A
In response to Read aBannedBook.
Reading is highly subjective, so I just browse until i find something that seems interesting. I read the back cover synopsis & then the first page or 2. If i want to keep reading, I obtain the book. Otherwise, I move on. I often look into books I hear buzz about or that someone on SocMe talks about.
06:57 PM - Oct 04, 2023 (Edited)
M Segal
A
I do the same thing. As a former reading teacher, I must get pulled in by reading the first few pages. I love biographies, historical fiction & non-fiction. Also, I’ve read many books about the Holocaust & World War II, because it was part of my curriculum.
In response to scribblegurl.
07:51 PM - Oct 04, 2023
scribblegurl
A
In response to M Segal.
Assuming you read The Zookeeper's Wife? Wow, that book. I recommended it constantly.
12:00 PM - Oct 05, 2023
M Segal
A
In response to scribblegurl.
No, I have not read it. I have read books like Night (Elie Wiesel), The Theory and Practice of Hell (Eugen Kogon), The Painted Bird (Kazinsky), etc,, and numerous young adult literature materials. In 1991, I was with a group of teachers chosen to visit Germany to see how they deal with the past.
08:02 PM - Oct 05, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}