Ann Werner
A
When I became eligible for Medicare, I looked into Medicare Advantage. I saw that it was a bad idea. Two hip replacements in one year (but in different years, 20 and 21) would have thrown me into huge deductible debt. And that’s only the beginning. If it’s time for you to go on Medicare, avoid MA.
01:30 PM - Oct 06, 2023
Linx
A
OK so I am an insurance agent and I sell both supplements and MA plans. The author of that piece clearly has an agenda. Some of that is outright untrue and quite a lot of it is deliberately misleading. They are taking advantage of readers not understanding what MA is or how it actually works.
In response to Ann Werner.
01:39 PM - Oct 06, 2023
Suzanne Chowla
A
In response to Linx.
What are the most important specific things in the article that are untrue?
02:39 PM - Oct 06, 2023
Linx
A
In response to Suzanne Chowla.
Well for starters, you can't be denied life-saving care. No way, no how. The worst that can happen is you go out of the PPO or HMO network and pay higher copays and have a higher out of pocket maximum.
02:44 PM - Oct 06, 2023
Ann Werner
A
In response to Linx.
It is an insurance plan. If you move, the network may not be available in the area you move to. They have very high deductibles and if something serious happens, you have to pony up the $. That far outweighs 0$ payments. You can’t go to any doctor. You have to stay within the network. Bad idea.
01:46 PM - Oct 06, 2023
Linx
A
In response to Ann Werner.
What you don’t understand is that there are millions of Americans who can’t get Medicare supplement either because they have pre-existing conditions or because they can’t afford hundreds of dollars a month in premiums. That’s who MA is for.
01:48 PM - Oct 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}