Ann Werner
A
When I became eligible for Medicare, I looked into Medicare Advantage. I saw that it was a bad idea. Two hip replacements in one year (but in different years, 20 and 21) would have thrown me into huge deductible debt. And that’s only the beginning. If it’s time for you to go on Medicare, avoid MA.
01:30 PM - Oct 06, 2023
Travel Buff
A
In response to Ann Werner.
If you can get a Supplemental Plan (various numbers) also known as MediGap, it is much better. If you select this when you first go on Medicare you don't have to get a physical.
03:54 PM - Oct 09, 2023
Ann Werner
A
In response to Travel Buff.
Insurance people don’t tell you when you’re shopping that you might have a problem changing your Medigap insurer. You can’t be denied coverage at the outset. But you can be denied coverage for pre-existing conditions if you want to change plans. But yes, Medicare with a supplemental is better.
03:59 PM - Oct 09, 2023
Paulette Jones
B
I figured this out when they started. Medicare Advantage is a bad idea. I agree with you.
03:37 PM - Oct 09, 2023
Sue
B
Yep
03:36 PM - Oct 09, 2023
Kim Mmmm
A
medicare advantage. The name itself should remind me to stay away. ADVANTAGE means they will take ADVANTAGE of me if I sign up with them. Is this it or is it more complicated than that? Honest question, scammers usually like to keep it simple.
02:02 PM - Oct 06, 2023
Suzanne Chowla
A
In response to Kim Mmmm.
The article is informative & worth reading.
02:37 PM - Oct 06, 2023
Linx
A
OK so I am an insurance agent and I sell both supplements and MA plans. The author of that piece clearly has an agenda. Some of that is outright untrue and quite a lot of it is deliberately misleading. They are taking advantage of readers not understanding what MA is or how it actually works.
01:39 PM - Oct 06, 2023
Ann Werner
A
In response to Linx.
It is an insurance plan. If you move, the network may not be available in the area you move to. They have very high deductibles and if something serious happens, you have to pony up the $. That far outweighs 0$ payments. You can’t go to any doctor. You have to stay within the network. Bad idea.
01:46 PM - Oct 06, 2023
Suzanne Chowla
A
In response to Linx.
What are the most important specific things in the article that are untrue?
02:39 PM - Oct 06, 2023
The Reluctant Townie
A
My experience with both my parents was somewhat different. But we live/lived in NY, the competition is fierce and state authorities are somewhat more responsive than what's seen in other parts of the country. That's a kicker here in America. The random 'your results will vary'. Hoping all is well.
01:36 PM - Oct 06, 2023
9Gen
A
Sooooo bad. Do NOT sign up for this. Please. If you do, you fuck the rest of us and yourself too.
01:31 PM - Oct 06, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}