junerose32
B
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Yes "The pArty of AntiCorruption" a definite MUST.
02:01 PM - Oct 12, 2023
Stephen M. Thomas
A
Can’t expel him. Need 2/3 and there’s no way Republicans would hold him to account.
05:42 PM - Oct 06, 2023
Jeff Carmichael
A
This is why I don't apologize for not voting Dem in every election. Menendez got this position without being elected (was nominated by Corzine to replace Lautenberg), and never faced a primary challenge from a serious candidate (neither of his actual opponents have a Wiki page).
03:34 PM - Oct 06, 2023
Jeff Carmichael
A
In response to Jeff Carmichael.
While I respect that people should "rally around the candidate" and all that, just voting for the party when the party refuses to address bad actors like Menendez (and the fact that someone who doesn't have a Wiki page was able to get about a third of the primary vote should be a major red flag),
03:36 PM - Oct 06, 2023
Jeff Carmichael
A
In response to Jeff Carmichael.
My recourse is either to not vote, or vote third party. And I do understand that I check off about every box of "white privilege" under the sun, sans trust fund and possibly a semi-strike for being Catholic. But I make no apologies for voting third party against Menendez in 2018.
03:39 PM - Oct 06, 2023
Robyn Stewart
A
It’s my understanding, I might be wrong, that it takes 60 votes to expel and Republicans have no interest bc it’s good fodder for them to use. I don’t think even the Governor can remove him.
02:43 PM - Oct 06, 2023
VotingMatters ⚖️.
A
100% a liability. IMO Schumer needs to call for Menedez’s resignation by turkey day and he needs to be isolated now. The public needs to know from Democrats (of course w/o media ever assisting), what the rules are, because I don’t even exactly know. Schumer has till Jan or this will be an own goal
02:35 PM - Oct 06, 2023
Becky Helton
A
Yeah, last night Chris Hayes seemed actually nauseated by the news. It is really terrible.
02:14 PM - Oct 06, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
He refuses to go and they can't force him. The House could expel him but I believe they need two-thirds and Dems aren't willing to foreplay with Republicans over Bob Menendez. So they seem stuck. Unless Jeffries and nem can shake his hands off the rope he's gripping.
02:13 PM - Oct 06, 2023
Peggy
A
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
He's not in the House, he's a senator. The Senate will need to do something. If they can't remove him then they need to strip him of every committee and every role.
02:01 PM - Oct 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}